POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
The Organizing Committee of the ICARE Conference invites submissions from students, faculty, and public health professionals. The conference focuses on the spectrum of acute care concerns ranging from pre-hospital to critical care units.
What Should My Poster Focus On? Individuals submitting abstracts for poster sessions should consider the target audience and overall focus for the ICARE Conference.
ICARE’s target audience includes an interprofessional audience of healthcare and public health professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, EMS, health/medical educators, and other allied health care professionals.
The focus of the conference is in acute and critical care research in a variety of settings, ranging from pre-hospital to emergency department to critical care units.
ICARE’s committee particularly encourages the active involvement of graduate and medical students, residents, fellows, and allied professionals in providing information on clinical practice, small studies, case reports, and research related to the treatment of patients in any facility type or population sample.
Posters will be displayed throughout the entirety of the conference.
What Are the Poster Abstract Guidelines?
- Abstracts can be submitted until September 1, 2016; 5:00 PM CST.
- There is no fee required for submission.
- Eligibility: All abstracts are welcome and there are no membership requirements.
- Until the close of the Call for Abstracts on September 1, 2016, submitting (contact) authors may submit revisions to the abstract. NO REVISIONS will be allowed once the call for submissions closes. Authors cannot be added nor the order rearranged after this deadline.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting (contact) author to ensure that ALL co-authors review the abstract prior to submission. Confirmation of abstract acceptance or rejection will be emailed to all co-authors listed on the abstract. Failure to obtain permission to submit from co-authors is liable to result in abstract rejection.
- Upon acceptance of the abstract submission, at least one author on the abstract agrees to register and attend the ICARE Conference and accompany the poster during the accredited, dedicated poster time. Should that poster be selected for the “Gallery of Excellence,” the author agrees to present the poster to the full conference audience. Submission of and acceptance of an abstract DOES NOT register you for the meeting.
- Authorship on multiple abstracts is permitted.
- The abstract text, excluding the words “background, objectives, methods, results, conclusion” is limited to 2,016 characters not including spaces (about 300-325 words). (Including those words, the limit is 2,060 characters.) It is the author’s responsibility to submit abstracts free of typographical or other errors. We strongly encourage that the submitter cut and paste a proofread, “spell checked” document into these fields. Please ensure your text follows this format: Background, Objectives Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Graphics (figures and tables) may not be submitted. ICARE Conference poster abstracts are required to be text-only.
- All content contributors on a poster must complete a Conflict of Interest Disclosure form.
How will posters be selected? The ICARE annual planning committee uses a grading rubric to score submitted abstracts. The rubric awards points in the following areas:
- Is the abstract related to medical education?
- Organization and Clarity
Due to the large volume of posters submitted, only the highest scoring posters will be accepted.
What if I have further questions? For all questions concerning posters please contact Chelsea Simpkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-661-7962.